The laziest "cookies" you will ever make. I always shied away from anything with dates in it, as you must admit, they are not exactly the most beautiful of ingredients. Once I moved to California, which is bountiful with these little gems, I have been in love. I stuff them with peanut butter and sprinkle them with sea salt for the perfect sweet/salty snack. I use them to sweeten homemade ice cream, fill them with cheese and bake them for a downright sinfully, perfect bite.
I may even own a 5 pound box of them. This is how deep my love goes.
So when I am craving something sweet but something that requires little to no work, I reach for my trusty no bake date & almond cookies.
Basically, you dump all the ingredients (except the reserved coconut and cinnamon), and blend.
You are looking for the consistency below:
Then take the reserved coconut and cinnamon mix it together in a small bowl. Use a tablespoon, use a little less than the full tablespoon and roll it into a ball. Dip the ball into the coconut/cinnamon mixture. Set on a plate, gently press the middle down with your thumb, or press a pecan into it.
Repeat until the “dough” is gone!
Just make sure to go easy on these, as dates are full of fiber, so you can't treat them the same as other cookies. But they are the perfect treat when you are craving something more than a piece of fruit.
Date & Almond Flour Cookies
Easy, sweet, good-for-you raw cookies! These bad boys are a play on the traditional date rolls, packed full of sweet medjool dates, unsweetened coconut, almond flour, vanilla, and rolled in additional coconut and cinnamon. They are raw, no soaking of the dates are required, and bonus, they are vegan, so they are sure to please everyone!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: N/A
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 20 cookies
Calories per serving: 179
- 1 1/2 cups medjool dates (pitted)-about 15 dates
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (for rolling)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (for rolling)
- *Optional* 20 pecans
- The directions couldn't be easier, add the top ingredients: pitted dates, 3/4 cup shredded coconut, almond meal, vanilla, pinch of salt, and water in a food processor or blender. Blend until comes together into a nice paste (picture in blog post).
- Combine together remaining coconut and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Take a little less than a tablespoon of the date cookie mixture and roll in your hands into a ball, dip into coconut/cinnamon mixture. Press down the middle a bit and set aside. Do this until you run out! It should be about 20 little cookies, 10 servings, 2 each!
- Warning: addicting, soft, and wickedly sweet.